Tuesday, February 08, 2005

Laser Floyd - still going

I saw Laser Floyd at the Hayden Planetarium twice in 1983 (it was an odd year). To be honest I enjoyed it both times, but I never imagined it was still going. I doubt it's as good without the Planetarium theatre with the huge round ceiling projection screen and those chairs that lean way back.

Last time I was at the Planetarium was about 4 years ago. I was totally turned off by the attempts at greater "coolness" and more adult approach. They got rid of the scales that allowed kids to check their weight on the Moon, Venus, Mars and Jupiter, which was more fun than that probably sounds. Most of the truly kid-centered aspects of the Planetarium had been banished, but hey, there was a jazz band playing in the main hall! Lecch.

My kids were bored and I doubt I'll ever go again. Give me Armagh any day.