Friday, November 28, 2003

Gerry Ryan

The Gerry Ryan Show came from Washington today. First guest was Carol Coleman, who gave her usual sloppy report. She pronounced that the country is split down the middle on support for the war. I suppose that's true if 56-42 is "split down the middle".

UPDATE 12:27: I didn't find the show as interesting as I had hoped. Sometimes Gerry Ryan is the right guy for a job and sometimes he's not. Today he was not. Today, too often, Ryan was trying to be funny, and, frankly, I don't find him funny. There are times when his show is amusing, but it's rarely because he himself is funny. There was also too much same old, same old with the guests (John Farrell -- UGGHH -- far worse than usual today), although I can imagine that the Ben Bradlee interview (which I only heard part of), was interesting to someone who hasn't heard Bradlee being interviewed before.