Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Close Guantanamo NOW

There I did it. I took that brave stance. And, while I'm on it, I'd like to also call on the American government to cease all rendition flights through Shannon Airport. Wow is my heart beating fast now.

It's not easy being so courageous. I'll be checking under my car and looking over my shoulder for a while. I'm sure my neighbors will look at me suspiciously, such is the support for Guantanamo around here. And, don't talk to me about rendition flights. One or two people in this area go around with laser pens marking out those who they deem to be ready for the CIA to scoop up and ship off to Diego Garcia or wherever.

What do you mean that it's hardly brave to parrot what just about every talking head on the radio or t.v. has been saying for months/years? Only this week I heard someone compliment David Norris on the bravery of his call for an end to CIA torture flights through Shannon. Surely my call is no less "brave".