Monday, March 07, 2005

Irish Blog?

A recent article in the Irish Times started a small debate among Irish bloggers about what is a blog and what topics should an Irish blog include? (Read more here and here.)

Well, all these questions are essentially put to rest by Twenty Major today. Having accepted the wisdom of his criteria for an 'Irish blog', I do have one small, niggling question: do you have to fulfill all seven or will one do? I think I've got 1 or 2 covered (got all U2's albums and I do prefer Guinness to "insipid European or American" lagers).

I'm sure posting on baseball (which, in case you're not aware, opens on April 3 - YEE HAW) disqualifies the Irish Eagle as an Irish blog. To be sure, to be sure.

UPDATE: Twenty Major has indicated that a blog must meet three of the criteria to qualify as Irish. In order to make the cut, I've decided to attempt to meet number 2 in the list:
The blog can be considered Irish if it's immeasurably improved by reading aloud in the voice of Tom Cruise trying to do an Irish accent in Far and Away.
I think I can manage that. I mean, Tom was born in Syracuse, which is only a short distance from my hometown. I should be able to match his voice here, right?