Friday, March 04, 2005

Dundrum shopping center

Wow! I can't wait to see it. It's been in all the papers, on the radio and I think I even caught something on the t.v. about this. It truly is a wondrous event

Am I going a little over the top in my enthusiasm about the new Dundrum Town Centre? Yes? Oh, okay, but I've only gone a little beyond what I've been reading and, especially, hearing on the radio about this new mall.

I hope I never see this place, but I'm sure I will. At €2 per hour to park (so I heard on the radio), I won't be a frequent visitor.

Can anyone explain these excessive fees to me? Do high parking fees mean that the stores in the center are paying lower rents? Do high parking fees mean lower costs to the consumer in each store? Is this how it works? I really can't understand why I have to pay so much just to park the car in a shopping center's parking lot.

Is it too politically incorrect to say, "Gimme Wal-Mart any day".