Monday, January 08, 2007

ATM receipts

I always get a receipt (when available) from the ATM machine. I never throw them away or let them blow around. The fact that it's an option has always made me wonder why so many receipts end up on the ground or whatever. I just can't understand why anyone would print a receipt and then just let it fall on the ground.

Anyway, I see that those of us who would never allow a receipt to blow around are going to be punished by the government and the banks for wanting receipts. You know this suits the banks just fine because (a) they don't to provide the paper and ink required for receipts and (b) they'd just assume nobody kept a record of their transactions.

Just as with the plastic bag levy, the law-abiding consumer is being penalized because the government can't find a way to enforce the litter laws.