Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Talk about big brother

The Environment Protection Agency wants local governments to investigate those people who do not pay for their garbage to be collected. Are they kidding me?

I love government people. I can see the scenario now:
EnviroCop: Okay, buddy, you're coming downtown.
Me: For what?
EnviroCop: You know for what. Don't play dumb with me. You haven't paid your €400 to Greenstar.
Me: What? Of course not, it's an extortionate charge for 12 collections per year.
EnviroCop: You know you're going to get back that €100 - it's only €300 for your 12 collections.
Me: Oh yes, my mistake. Of course, you're forgetting about the cost of the use of the money for 12 months, which Greenstar keeps.
EnviroCop: Uhhh, what? Don't be smart with me. Now let's get down to business. What did you do with it? Where are you hiding it? We know you have it somewhere.
Me: Ahhhh, yes. What?
EnviroCop: What did you do with all that rubbish?
Me: Umm, I brought it to the dump.
EnviroCop: Have you got any receipts?
Me: No
EnviroCop: That's all I need. Book him, Dano, Enviromurder 1.