Tuesday, January 20, 2004

UTV - Uh oh

Back in August, I was singing the praises of UTV's new DSL service. The price was right, the set-up was easy, all was right with the world.

Well, now for the 3rd time this month, the service is unavailable when I need it to do the Newshound. By the time I know what the problem is and make the changes I need to make to use my old 56k dial-up account, it's too late to do the Newshound.

I'll keep you posted, but I'm really unimpressed this morning. It might be time to start shopping again.

UPDATE 11:30am: DSL back in action and Newshound updated.

SECOND UPDATE 11:40am: Just got word from UTV that this morning's outage was apparently PLANNED downtime. Now I'm irate again. What, they couldn't do this between 4:30 & 5:30 in the morning? They couldn't at least tell their customers this was going to happen? It's like being on an airplane sitting on the ground, not moving and no announcements. You just wanna punch somebody.

THIRD UPDATE 3:30pm: Now, UTV is telling me that it was unplanned maintenance this morning, although last week's was planned. And, they also recommend that I check the support page on their web site so that I will be forewarned when there is planned maintenance. Hmmm. I feel somewhat like I did when I was called an "idiot" back in August. Why is it every company on Earth can send me an e-mail except for the companies that provide the technology that I need?