Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Bloggie

I was nominated for a "Bloggie" the other day. I have to be honest - I never heard of the Bloggies until I was nominated.

I'm not sure that this page is the "Best Irish or English Blog", but the fact that someone felt it was so is very satisfying. Getting a nomination from someone I've never met and whose own blog (more on that below) I'd never visited is both a source of pride, but also curiosity.

The vastness of the internet is as incomprehensible as the heavens. I'm sure Google would tell me that there are more web pages than stars in the sky. So, it's always interesting as to how people find my blog. Just how did this man find me? He says one of his "crack researchers" pointed it out to him. But, how did the researcher find it?

I went through this when I first started the Newshound in 1996. It's still exciting to discover that people are finding what I've built without me shoving it in their face with ads or other gimmicks.

My nominator's own site is called the Meatriarchy. This site's motto is one of the best I've seen on any blog, "If God didn't want me to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat"?