Thursday, June 21, 2007

I should have run for the Seanad

There are three NUI seats in the Seanad. I should have contested one. I could have sent out loads of leaflets informing the electorate as to (a) who I am and (b) why I should get their votes.

I have the perfect campaign slogan. "Put a war-mongering neocon in the Seanad. Vote for Irish Eagle". It's a can't miss, right?

I just can't take the Seanad election seriously, but boy, oh boy do the candidates take themselves seriously. Campaign leaflets and letters keep flying in the letterbox. I love the fact that the Green Party's candidate - can't remember his name - sent out the most waste so far. A letter and a leaflet. The funny thing about his leaflet is that the tone of it is that of a candidate who's assuming his party will be in opposition. Oops.