Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ahh, summer

I saw the sun this morning. I had to squint, but I'm sure that was the sun. It's gone now, of course.

And, it isn't just that it's been dark. It's been cold. Okay, not mid-winter cold, but cold for late June. Yesterday, I saw two women wearing hats. It was wet, cool, oh yeah, windy too. I think the wind chill was probably in the high 40s.

On Sunday I was in a store where they were offering deals on suntan lotion. I think it was get ½ off or something like that. I thought to myself that they should be just giving it away because the only people who would want it are those who are flying out of here in the near future. And they had a lot of it piled up on their shelves.

You have a better chance of getting frostbite than a suntan around here these days.