Saturday, June 09, 2007

All Day Pajamas

Apparently there's a trend – fad? craze? no phenomenon I think is the right word – a phenomenon of women who wear their pajamas all day. Even when they go out. I didn't know this. A quick check with the family told me I was the last to realize this was going on.

I learned about it this morning when I heard a short item on a news program about a school principal in Belfast who had written to parents asking them not to come to school in their nightwear. The principal told the parents that this new fashion "was setting pupils a bad example and was also making staff uncomfortable". No kidding.

What's with these people? Do these people simply have no self-respect? I know I don't even like answering the door early in the morning in my pajamas and I'd never go out in them. Besides, if I wanted to venture out in my PJ's, I'd be afraid that I'd ruin the furry feeties that keep my feet comfortable and warm!