Thursday, May 25, 2006

Sex & drugs in my old school

Shocking, just shocking. Supposedly 92% of seniors in my old high school claim that they can acquire marijuana easily. I would imagine that represents a slight fall-off from when I was in high school. Somedays the clouds & smell from those who were smoking in school seemed to be everywhere.

As for the sex, 60% of seniors indicated that they'd had sex. I can't comment on how this might compare to my day because, well, I knew nothing about it. In later life I found out some things about what happened during my years in high school, but the only conclusion I was able to draw was that I was really out of it in high school. I knew everything there was to know about Mookie Wilson, but when it came to girls I was utterly clueless.

I actually don't think these things should be treated lightly, but I also don't know that it's really newsworthy that such things go on. And, this was a survey conducted by a member of the student body, which probably means that the survey may not have been administered in an ideal fashion.