Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Apprentice

Okay, I watched the last 20 minutes of The Apprentice last night. I was glued to my set when "Sir Alan" selected Michelle to be his apprentice. Now, I have to admit to not paying much attention before this and I really don't know how it works, but I definitely saw one man wearing a poppy at the party in Tower Bridge.

So, was this show filmed in November and only aired last night? Or was the selection process delayed by 6 months, which sounds like it might have been the case based on what the Telegraph says. ("Both women have spent the past six months secretly working in his companies".) Either way this program is not what the BBC would have us believe.

And, don't feel bad for Ruth. She got something else out of the experience, even if she is "gutted" that she's not working for Alan Sugar. "Since the show began she has split from her husband and embarked on a lesbian relationship". Ain't life sweet.