Friday, April 14, 2006

West Wing in Ireland

I see that President Bartlett is going to spend time in Ireland now that his second term is up. I don't think it matters a whole lot, but already I've had to read/hear what Martin Sheen has to say about this or that. This is going to be really annoying.

I don't deny he has the right to his opinion, but really does the opinion of a (semi-retired) actor really mean anything more than mine or any other American's here? Yet, I can just imagine how often we'll hear his voice opining on whatever American-related issue arises.

On the positive side, based on what I read in the NY Times I can actually imagine that Sheen, who I always kind of liked, will put a stop to this. When asked to consider running for office, Sheen said, "I'm just not qualified, ... you're mistaking celebrity for credibility". {Don't click if you don't want to see how the West Wing ends.}