Friday, April 21, 2006

Another mad break

We were in Scotland again the past two days. Exhausted doesn't begin to cover it, but we had a good time. The trip was planned a while back, but Rosslyn Chapel was added after I read the Da Vinci Code.

I half knew about this church before I read the book, but didn't really think about it. When I came across it in Brown's novel, I decided to google it and it sounded interesting and I wanted to see it.

I thought the place was great, probably the highlight of the trip. One interesting fact about the church is that before the novel came out they averaged fewer than 10,000 visitors per year. Last year they had over 120,000 and they expect that figure to go even higher when the movie opens next month.

Most of the trip was built around seeing castles around Stirling, including Stirling Castle. The weather was better than we expected, which made for a good trip.