Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Modern world

Last night I had a call from Angela. The night before it was Leander. Two nights before that it was Frances.

This week alone I've had three different calls from people in India. In the old days I would only have expected to get letters from people as far away as India. Today I'm getting almost daily calls from India and I don't know anyone in or have any connections to India. Each of these people called me on behalf of Newtel, who want me to switch phone companies. {I'm only guessing that these people are in India, but that's what the accents tell me.}

Last night I was in the middle of my dinner, which had the effect of making me more discourteous than I normally would like to be. Maybe tonight I'll try to ask about family and maybe try and check on my old friends Angela, Leander (I think that's what he said) and Frances.