Monday, October 01, 2007

Is MSNBC a joke?

I don't know all that much about MSNBC, to be honest, but after reading their "contributor's" review of Springsteen's new album, I can't help think it's staffed by half-wits.
The mesmerizing title track is where Springsteen's aforementioned dark side comes to fruition. Whether he was emotionally scarred by a magician as a young boy, or he just has it out for them, Springsteen sees these tricksters as deceitful and reprehensible, their entertainment value be damned.

With lyrics such as "I got a shiny saw blade / All I need's a volunteer / I'll cut you in half / While you're smilin' ear to ear" makes it very clear what Springsteen thinks of these slight-of-hand artists. Of course, he could be a big fan of magicians and is just toying with us.
You'd really have to be nearly brain dead NOT to realize that Springsteen is referring to President Bush in this song. It's a very political album, how does this guy not know this?

I told you I was grumpy.