Tuesday, August 23, 2005

RSS

Thanks to some suggestions and tips from Dick and CH I've tried to build an RSS feed for the Newshound. Actually, it's not that hard to make the page, but what's really frustrating is checking the work. When you create a new web page, you can load it into your browser and click refresh/reload every time you tweak it to correct for minor errors. I don't seem to be able to do that with any of the RSS readers I've tried (Newsgator, Bloglines, MyYahoo).

Anyway, I've created a feed for my site. The address is http://www.nuzhound.com/feed.xml. Thanks to Eoin, I also tried Feedburner. That service looks pretty interesting. It seems to allow me to do some things that I'd never manage on my own. I'm not sure what the down-side is yet. Anyway, the feedburner feed address is http://feeds.feedburner.com/Newshound.

I'd be grateful if some of you could have a look and let me know if it looks like it's working. Remember, all I provide are headlines so no summaries here.