Monday, September 08, 2008

Smooth & gaffe prone

Funny how smooth Obama looks when he's delivering one of those big set piece speeches. And, during the primaries I read many times how he set the room alight with one of his speeches. What I don't get is how he's also a verbal klutz who can't seem to get out of his own way (verbally). Now, I know that anyone can make these slip-ups when in the constant glare of the media, but it's my impression that Obama does it more than most. In fact, if he were the Republican nominee there would be (unfavorable) comparisons with President Bush.

This weekend we had "my Muslim faith" - not a biggie, but he also referred to the Penn State football team as the Nittaly Lions, and not the Nittany Lions as they've been known until now. That's the kind of misstep that can cost you - BIG time. If he messes up at Notre Dame he can kiss the election good-bye.