Monday, January 21, 2008

Two movies

I saw two movies over the weekend. I wanted to see each of them when they were in the movie theaters, but didn't work out. One was a war movie and the other about a political activist.

The war movie was Flags of Our Fathers. And, ... Well, it was all right. I was disappointed, to be honest. I thought it was kind of dull. I didn't like the fact that it had virtually no flow to it and about an hour or so in I realized that I just didn't care. It wasn't awful just not that good. {I have Letters From Iwo Jima still to watch.}

The other movie was Amazing Grace. Now that was good. The movie was about William Wilberforce, MP and anti slave-trade campaigner from the late 18th and early 19th centuries. For a movie that had virtually no action, it was pretty riveting and the two hours passed quickly.