The main complaints concerned:The rules of the Church should be enforced and people should respect the Church if they want to be married in a church, so good for the Croatian bishops. Still, I wonder if the Croatian tourism body will be entirely happy with the insistence that rules must be followed.
- putting Croatian priests "under a lot of pressure" to get married at short notice;
- couples not having the proper papers;
- little or no preparation by the couple and guests;
- lack of awareness and respect for rules on receiving communion;
- people, mainly women, wearing inappropriate clothes in church.
Thursday, February 15, 2007
Croatia's bishops are apparently none-too-pleased with the behavior of Irish Catholics who turn up in Croatia looking to get married.
Posted by Eagle at 10:25 AM