Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Best $15 I ever spent

For reasons that I really don't understand now looking back, until the first of April I never subscribed to mlb.com's online radio service. For $15 I get every single major league game (with a choice between listening to the home or away broadcast). I haven't missed a Met game yet.

It's amazing how much I'm enjoying radio coverage again. When I was a kid I used to listen to loads of baseball before we got cable t.v. And, like a lot of people, I often say that I prefer baseball on the radio to television, but when given the choice I opt for the t.v. Yet, I can listen to baseball and get other things done at the same time. Watching a game rules out just about anything else, while listening to a game only engages half the mind and leaves the eyes free for other things.