Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Haughey documentary

Fergus Finlay says "Haughey is already promising to be the most successful documentary series ever produced by RTE, with the potential to attract the same kind of audience as a major drama". I was watching it last night and I was enjoying it. It was interesting to see Haughey as a young man and to get some background on his life and Ireland. One remark that really struck me was when the narrator referred to Haughey's move from Minister for Justice to Minister for Agriculture as a "promotion". Times have changed.

So, I was watching and enjoying. Then came the first ad break and, like all men, I immediately began channel surfing. I happened upon Sky News where they were breathlessly awaiting the Jackson verdict and I forgot all about Haughey until now. That's life, I guess.