Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Greek Olympics

Although most Americans think the French are the most anti-American people in Europe, it's actually the Greeks. The Greeks hated us before the war with Iraq. They hated us in the immediate aftermath of the September 11 attacks. They hated us back in 1991.

All of this has me wondering how do I respond to any anti-Americanism on display at the Athens games?

Boycott Greek products? Well, a quick search through the house has turned up zero. So, that's out.

Stop visiting Greece? I've never been there, but I'd love to go. Whatever about modern day Greeks, I still want to visit all the ancient sites there. Who knows when that will happen, however.

Maybe I should just enjoy the knowledge that the Greeks have paid an exorbitant amount to boo American athletes and/or the anthem. They'll be paying for these Olympics for a long time into the future.