Thursday, May 20, 2004

Laura's radio show

I was driving along yesterday changing radio stations when I half heard George Hook say that Newstalk was going to be broadcasting a syndicated radio show from America. As I said, I wasn't really paying attention so when I heard that the woman's name was Laura I immediately thought of Laura Ingraham.

I thought to myself, "Wow, that will be an eye opener". But, I found out later that it's not Laura Ingraham that Newstalk is going to pick up, but Dr. Laura. I don't know much about Dr. Laura, although I have heard of her book The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands.

So, I'm disappointed, but also somewhat relieved. I would have felt obliged to listen to Laura Ingraham on Newstalk, but the 10-midnight time slot that Dr. Laura's filling is not really radio time for me.