Tuesday, April 22, 2008

What? No Bruce?

According to today's Irish Independent, the Junior Cert curriculum for the "all-new music syllabus" is going to include John Denver, Abba, Rod Stewart and Simon & Garfunkel. Uggh.

The Independent says that music from the 70s seems to be the primary focus for the new course. Fair enough, but they could do better than that list. There's no mention of The Who. There's no mention of The Clash. There's no mention of Lou Reed. There's no mention of ... the list of who's missing is pretty extensive.

Mostly I want to know where Bruce is in the new syllabus. He should have his own module.

MORE: I should add that I really have no time for this sort of 'right on' change to the syllabus. I'm not sure what's currently in the music syllabus, but I doubt it'll be enhanced with Rocky Mountain High.