Thursday, November 17, 2005

Shopping in Dublin

I can't stand shopping in Dublin. I'd much rather drive to a suburban shopping center, park my car - for free - in a large parking lot than go through the hassle of shopping in Dublin. And, it's always crowded in Dublin.

In truth, I can't stand shopping anywhere, but if I have to endure it I want to be sure that it's as easy as possible to get in and get out. So, when I say that shopping for furniture in Dublin's city center is worth it, I'm saying something.

Most of the furniture stores that used to be on Capel Street seem to be gone, but we got what we were looking for when we were there last week. The quality, to my eye, was as good as what I'd seen in the numerous suburban furniture stores we had been to and the price was much better - about €400 better. It was a worthwhile trip, even though it cost me €2.50 to park.