Monday, November 22, 2004

Yahweh

I hadn't realized that the new U2 album wasn't available in the US yet. Only found out just now at Amazon.com. Do I ever feel "hip"!

I got the new record on Saturday (in the supermarket - not sure why anyone waited outside for 24 hours to buy it). I never make quick judgments when I buy a new album. I have to play it - a lot - before I decide. And, even then my opinion doesn't always jive with others. I actually like Pop (prefer it to Zooropa), but I know a lot of U2 fans do not.

Anyway, so far, my favorite songs are City of Blinding Lights, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own and Yahweh. When you listen to the last of those, you'll feel you should be looking skywards and throwing your arms up to the heavens.

All of this is subject to change at my whim.

I'm not sure I'll ever fully take to the lyrics of Love and Peace or Else, but I love the music.