Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Going, going, gone

Just listening to Governor Eliot Spitzer resign. I don't have a strong feeling about this because I don't know that much about him. I know he was the "sheriff of Wall St" and governor for the past 15 months. I don't follow NY State politics that closely, but I have something of a sneaky regard for Spitzer's archnemesis in New York, Joe Bruno. I like Joe just because he's a fighter even though I know he's far from squeaky 'clean'.

I can laugh when I read or hear something amusing at Spitzer's expense, but I have nothing amusing to say about the whole sordid affair. I can't help feeling bad for his wife and, especially, his teenage daughters. What they must be going through. It's all so unnecessary. He is a complete idiot and I have no sympathy for him.