Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Hidden History - Part II

Tonight's episode was not all that interesting except for the Albert Folens interview. The other featured "Nazis" were either (a) not that involved in Irish society or (b) not guilty of being involved in anything too heinous. Even Otto Skorzeny was only wanted for the crime of employing captured American jeeps and uniforms during the Battle of the Bulge. The fact that the Allies had done something similar on D-Day helped free Skorzeny after the war.

Folens was the focus and this program really only left me wanting more, although I doubt I'll ever get it. He admitted working as a translator for the Ausland-SD, which is fairly damning to my mind, but I was more interested in his comments on Roosevelt. He referred to Roosevelt as stupid and ignorant. This is the core of what I was saying about Folens - that his anti-Americanism permeated the books he published. I'd love to be able to go back through them - particularly the history books - to check that theory.