Friday, January 02, 2004

2003 reviews & 2004 predictions

I won't bore you or me with a review of 2003 or predictions for the coming year. I have no idea what's going to happen tomorrow, let alone a year from now. And, as for what's gone on the year before, I'd be hard pressed to remember.

It's odd that someone who spends so much time reading papers and watching/listening to news programs cannot recall what happened over the past 12 months. Other than the war in Iraq (& all the related hoopla) nothing stands out in my mind.

My children were talking to me about a t.v. show they saw about famous people who died in 2003. My first guess, Joe Strummer, died in 2002. Other than Bob Monkhouse, I couldn't think of anyone.

Chris over at alt tag watched RTE's review of the year and was not impressed. The only thing I can say is that it would be strange to call the War in Iraq one of the best things about 2003. Its outcome is fantastic, but war is never a good thing. It would have been better if Saddam and his cronies had just gone into exile, even if that meant that he'd never answer for what he's done to the Iraqi people.

{By the way, Chris, glad you're enjoying the Rising. Wait til you get the DVD - Live in Barcelona.