Thursday, September 18, 2003

Dalai Lama on terror

I have to admit to not knowing too much about the Dalai Lama, but I have an impression of him in my mind. That impression will have to change after reading this about his visit to New York.

It's "too early to say" whether the war in Iraq was a mistake. The Times also reports that he said it might be necessary to combat terrorism with violence.

UPDATE: I wasn't clear enough when I said my impression of the Dalai Lama would have to change. I know that after reading Blog Irish's comment on this post. I suppose I would have assumed that the Dalai Lama was 100% convinced that the Iraq war was a mistake and that using violence against terrorists would be totally "counterproductive".

Now I know that just because the man is a favorite of the Hollywood types doesn't mean he cannot think rationally and reasonably about the world.