Monday, September 12, 2005

September 11

I didn't post anything about Sep 11 yesterday, but I couldn't take my mind off it either. Once the radio interview obsession faded and I got down to business painting the kitchen, I kept replaying everything I experienced on September 11.

I can remember the morning clearly, even though the first attack didn't happen until 1:45pm. Funny, isn't it? I can remember the most mundane details of that day from before anything had happened.

By 4pm on Sep 11 I was making my way home and feeling like I was not where I should have been. Not that I would have done a damn thing that was in any way productive.

Again this year I watched any programs I found that dealt with what happened 4 years ago. I suppose as time goes by the day will fade, although I think hearing the date will always be a reminder. A date that lives in infamy.

I recommend Mahons's comment below.