Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Duh

I could keep this to myself, but well I'm not that ashamed. When I first saw the cover of the New Yorker magazine that has the Obama campaign all upset I didn't realize that the woman depicted was Michelle Obama. I was sure it was Angela Davis. Now I know that they've made Mrs. Obama look like Angela Davis. Not quite the message I was getting from the cartoon when I first saw it.

Apparently Barack Obama doesn't find the cartoon funny. Who cares? He's running for President. Get over it.

I don't think the cartoon's all that offensive. Certainly it's no more offensive than all those Bush as Hitler depictions that you can find just about anywhere. Methinks Mr. Obama is a tad too easily offended - and this was from a magazine that he can safely assume is in his corner. Sheesh.