Friday, July 27, 2007

CBP

It's two weeks since I was in Philadelphia, but thought I'd post this anyway. Spent Friday night (Jul 13) in Citizens Bank Park, home of the Philadelphia Phillies. This is the first of the new baseball stadiums I've been to and I guess I feel I have to say I liked it. It was clean, spacey, and the sight lines were good.

So, what didn't I like about it? I don't really know. Maybe it was the cleanliness, the wholesome feeling I got from the place or maybe it was just that the game was no good (Phillies won 13-3). Two days later I was at Shea Stadium and was thinking that I'd rather the Mets' new stadium didn't copy the Phillies' too much.

I wish I could put my finger on it, but I think it has to do with the fact that the CBP is so nice that I didn't feel like I was sitting amidst a dangerous, seething mass of blood-thirsty Phillie fans, but rather like I'd accepted an invitation to a picnic hosted by a family I don't belong to. Maybe it was just too pleasant.