Monday, July 18, 2005

A real scandal

After I posted on RTE and Rove the other day I ended up in a long comments battle with EWI, who runs his own blog, Free Stater.

EWI had a post on July 7 where he brings up something I had forgotten about. Last summer the US Department of Homeland Security spilled the beans on an al Qaeda mole. Tom Ridge gave out the name of the double agent when he was pressed by the NY Times after he had raised the security alert.

This blunder tipped off all of al Qaeda that we had their man and all his records. This may have contributed to the failure of the British security forces to prevent the July 7 attacks.

This sounds much more like a real scandal and an indication of terrible mismanagement in the War on Terror. I'd rather the press drop this Rove nonsense and get on this one.

NOTE: I'm presuming that I'm a member of the "the Anglo-American corner of the Irish blogging scene" that EWI mentions.