Wednesday, June 01, 2005

School girls

School girls do make me laugh. The lengths they'll go to for the "right" look. Today I was buying my ticket for the train and a girl whose school day was just finished arrived and went through the turnstile in front of me. She was about 14 and wearing the same uniform my daughter goes out in every morning.

I was standing near her on the platform, waiting for the train. While I'm standing, reading my paper, she's changing clothes. First on came the jeans and then off came the skirt. Then off came the sweater and the blouse revealing the tee shirt she strategically wore underneath (she was never "uncovered" in any way). A little jacket/sweatshirt came out of her school bag and the uniform was rammed in. All within three minutes.

When the train came, she got on, sat down and started doing her make-up. Ten minutes later she's at her stop and dressed for her day of action, whatever that might be.

I thought the whole thing was funny, but if it had been my daughter I'd have killed her.